Aldi Community Games Garda Vetting
The NVB application process is a two part process for the applicant:
- Complete the ‘Community Games E-vetting Invitation and ID Validation Form’
- Complete the online vetting application- through the Garda Vetting portal
Download the ‘Community Games E-vetting Invitation and ID Validation Form’ from this page or email email@example.com to request a copy to be sent to you. The purpose of this form is to seek consent from the applicant to be vetted and for Community Games to receive disclosures relevant to the applicant. This form also provides information verifying the applicant’s identity.
Complete the Community Games ‘E-vetting Invitation and ID Validation Form’, using block capitals. Section 1 is to be completed by the applicant and all fields must be completed. Sections 2 and 3 to be completed by the Area/County Children’s Officer or in his/her absence, the Secretary. If the applicant is under 18 years of age, the Parent/Guardian must also complete the Parent Consent Form for Vetting.
Sections 2 and 3- Verifying Identity and Identification Documents
- Identity is to be verified by the Area or County Children’s Officer. If the applicant is the Area Children’s Officer, the Secretary or the County Children’s Officer may verify the identity
- The Children’s Officer must check the identity of the applicant against original valid forms of ID e.gs. passport, driver’s license, student card, household utility bills
- The 100 point rule for ID validation must be observed- for example a driver’s license (credit card type) carries 80 points and therefore an additional form of ID is required. Other forms of ID carry fewer points and multiple documents may be required to verify identity
- The Children’s Officer must then complete Sections 2 and 3 of the ‘E-vetting Invitation and ID Validation Form’
- Children under 18 may not have appropriate ID therefore the 100 point rule is allocated differently. Please see Section 3 of the ‘E-vetting Invitation and ID Validation Form’
- For volunteers from new Areas, this process must be completed at County level or by either a Regional Development Officer or the National Children’s Officer
The applicant must provide photocopies of all documents used to verify his/her identity.
The Community Games ‘E-vetting Invitation and ID Validation Form’, the photocopies of the ID used to verify identity and the Parent Consent form (if applicant is under 18) must be sent to the Liaison Person to the following address: Community Games, 20 Inish Carraig House, Golden Island, Athlone, Co. Westmeath Please note that only the original ‘E-vetting Invitation and ID Validation Form’ will be accepted, as the applicants’ original signature is required. Photocopies of this form will not be accepted.
On receipt of the ‘E-vetting Invitation and ID Validation Form’, the Liaison Person will send the applicant an email, inviting the applicant to start the online process. This email will contain a link and log in details to the vetting portal. From the time you receive this email you have 30 days to complete the online application. Follow the instructions in the portal. All sections must be completed and the portal will not allow you to move to the next section until this is done. Please note: if you make an error in a section you will not be allowed to ‘go back’ and edit it. You will have to start the application again. Ensure that all sections are correct before moving to the next page.
Once you have submitted the application, the Liaison Person will check the application prior to submitting the application to the NVB. If there are any queries or anomalies at this point, the Liaison Person will send the application (online) back to the applicant. The following choices are available to the applicant: 1. Cancel the application- you will need to reapply using the ‘E-vetting Invitation and ID Validation Form’ 2. Cancel and resend the invitation- The liaison Person can cancel the application and resend the original online invitation for you to complete again 3. Submit to the NVB Please Note: no application can be partially changed or saved. Once you have completed the application this cannot be altered. If there are any errors the application must be entirely completed again.
A disclosure certificate is issued to the Liaison Person via the vetting portal once the application has been processed by the NVB. A decision will be made about an applicant’s suitability according to the Community Games Vetting Policy. No position may be taken up prior to this decision. This is a requirement by law.