Event Type: Mini Rugby Team
Age Category: Boys U11 Over 9
Panel Details: 12 (8 players and 4 substitutes). Wearing of glasses/sports goggles not allowed All panel members present at National Festival should participate. A team has to have a minimum of 8 players to participate in this competition
Rules as per IRFU Mini 2 Rules – Please go to IRFU website to download a copy of their current Rules
To get involved in Aldi Community Games Rugby, find your local Area by clicking here
Event Type: Tag Rugby Team
Age Category: Mixed U11 Over 8 / Mixed U14 Over 11
Panel Details: Panel of 12 (Team 7 +5 Substitutes - Minimum of 2 Girls on Field at all times). All panel members present at National Festival should participate. Size 4 Ball will be used. Players may wear specially designed and manufactured “Sports Goggles” provided that (a) They only allow the player to have properly corrected vision and do not substantially restrict any normal field of vision. (b) They do not constitute a physical danger to the wearer or other players. Tags worn one on each hip must be no shorter than 12 inches, a minimum width of 2 inches with Velcro continuous around the circumference. All teams must wear numbered tops
Under 14 will be 50m wide x 80m in length.
4. Method of scoring:A try is worth 1 point.
After a try has been scored the game restarts from the centre of the field with a tap and pass, by the non-scoring team.
Note: When playing on hard surfaces a try is scored by players merely running over the goal line with the ball. The definition of the surface will be at the discretion of the referee.
5. Passing:No forward passes are allowed and will be penalised by a tap and pass being given to the non- offending team. A forward pass is any pass where the ball travels in the direction of the opponent’s goal line. Note: - A pass directly sideways is allowed.
6. The “Tackle” (Tag)Only the player with the ball can be tagged and a tag is simply the removal by a defender of one of the two tags from the ball carrier. Ball carriers can run or dodge potential taggers. Ball carriers cannot fend off or guard or shield their tags in any way.
Note: - Defenders should keep their head to the side or behind the ball carriers body for safety.
7. Tap and pass:
If the ball or carrier goes out of play a tap and pass is given to the other team from the sideline.
9. Each team has 5 tags to score, on the 6th tag, possession changes (a turn over). That the ball must be carried in two hands at all times.
10. The Sin bin:
Players can be sin binned for 5 minutes for the following:
A player may be sent off for the following:
13. In the event of a draw, extra time (5 minutes a side) is played. In the case of it still being a draw after extra time, sudden death (first team to score a try wins) is played