Risk Assessment and Child Safeguarding Statement Upload Page
Please note that in order to affiliate for 2023 ALL Areas and Counties must upload a Risk Assessment and Child Safeguarding Statement!
Child Safeguarding Statement and Risk Assessment for Community Games Areas to fulfil mandatory compliance with the Children First Act 2015.
This is a mandatory process that all Areas must complete. The following are the four steps to compliance:
STEP ONE - REVIEW THE RISK ASSESSMENT DOCUMENT
- The Risk Assessment (RA) has been pre-populated for you to review at your Area meeting. Please CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD IT
- Each risk identified must be ranked by you, the committee, as either Low, Medium or High. Please assess each risk thoroughly. Supporting policies and guidance have been indicated on the Risk Assessment.
- You may wish to include other risks of potential harm that are specific for your Area. Some risks listed may not be applicable to your Area.
- To access the Area Risk Assessment, please go to the ORS, where the link can be found both on the area affiliation page and the Area homepage.
- After you review your Risk Assessment and complete and submit the assessment online, please print a copy, minute it at your meeting and get your Chairperson and Children’s Officer to sign and date it.
STEP TWO - YOUR CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
- Following the sign off on the safeguarding Risk Assessment please review and edit the Child Safeguarding Statement.
- To access the Child Safeguarding Statement please CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD IT
- Update your Child Safeguarding Statement and approve the document at your Area meeting. Ensure the Child Safeguarding Statement is signed/dated by the Area Chairperson and Area Children’s Officer. Ensure this is recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
- A position called the Relevant Person is included in the Children First Act 2015 (sect 11 (3) (g), and is defined as “as a person who is appointed by a provider of a relevant service to be the first point of contact in respect of the provider’s Child Safeguarding Statement. For Aldi Community Games Areas, the Area Children’s Officer will be the relevant person for Area Child Safeguarding Statement.
STEP THREE – DISPLAY YOUR CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
- As per Section 11 of the Children First Act 2015, you are required to display your Child Safeguarding Statement in a prominent place accessible to all members of your Area and the general public. You may display the Child Safeguarding Statement on your social media pages. Community Games Head Office will upload your Child Safeguarding Statement to your new Area website page on receipt (see Step Four)
- We suggest that you also distribute your signed Child Safeguarding Statement to all parents by mail/email or social media on an annual basis.
- Your Child Safeguarding Statement should be displayed at your events as a temporary sign or poster.
STEP FOUR – CONFIRMATION OF ADAPTION OF UPDATED CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
- You must upload signed copies of your updated Safeguarding Risk Assessment and Child Safeguarding Statement using the form below.
- When you have submitted the Area Risk Assessment and Child Safeguarding Statement online Community Games will upload your CSS to your new Area webpage for public display.