BALL THROW TIMETABLE
Event Type Individual
Age Category U12 Over 10
Panel Details Boys & Girls
Ball Size: Standard 4 Sliotar.
1. The runway will be marked by two parallel lines 4m apart with a 90-degree sector emanating from the
corner points. The throw will be made from behind an arc which joins the two parallel lines which is derived
from a point 2m back, all measurements will be taken as follows, the tape will be pulled through the centre
point of the arc and measured at the dissection of the arc.
2. The competitor may throw the ball from a standing position or use the run up technique.
3. The competitor must throw the ball over arm.
4. If a competitor touches any part of the scratch line or ground beyond with any part of his body, it is deemed
5. A valid throw is signaled by a white flag being raised in the throwing area and a throw shall be measured. If a red flag is raised this signals a foul and the throw is not measured.
6. A throw is complete when the ball stops rolling and must be measured at that point.
At National Festival, Competitors will have three throws/attempts at the event, following the order of
county numbers. After each throw/attempt, the competitor goes to the back of the line to maintain
the sequence. The top eight competitors will then proceed to the next round where they will have
three further throws. Their distances/heights from the first round are carried forward to this final
The County Executive will decide the format at County Level. For International Athletics Federation rules please visit www.iaaf.org